Glad you asked! This month Country Elegance is celebrating No-Shave November. We have asked some of our favorite bearded men to come into the shop for a little beard makeover to help us spread awareness about men's health issues.
This month is all about you guys. Cancer is terrible and we want to help in the fight. If you were sending flowers anyway. This is perfect. If this inspired you to send someone you love flowers, great! If you would rather bypass the flowers and donate directly, awesome.
To help celebrate we are posting a new Fall Designers Choice for the month of November. It's the same favorite arrangement except during November 20% of each Fall Designer's Choice arrangement is going to be donated to No-Shave November to help spread awareness, prevention, aid, and research.
We have created a team called the Bloomin’ Beards on the No-Shave November site and we encourage participants to join our team in this fight. Check it out here. You can create your own page, join our team and help us reach our goal.
Every little bit counts.
We don't want to overlook what this cause is truly about, awareness is important and there may be things you didn't know about men's health. Look for health stats in our different posts throughout the month.
Things you may not have known about Men's Health:
1. 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime
2. Prostate cancer is the 2nd most common cancer in men in the United States
3. 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in their lifetime
Change your future, do something about it and learn preventative measure.
Things you can do to help prevent prostate cancer:
1. Eat fewer calories or exercise more so that you maintain a healthy weight.
2. Try to keep the amount of fat you get from red meat and dairy products to a minimum.
3. Watch your calcium intake. Do not take supplemental doses far above the recommended daily allowance. Some calcium is OK, but avoid taking more than 1,500 mg of calcium a day.
To learn more and see the rest of the list click here.